Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nomadic.

Another move.

Let's simplify this thing 

7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road

Kirtland, OH 44094

Use that address. (: 

They will forward my mail.  If I have mail, that is. ;)



HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK.  One of my favorites. I hope you all have fun together.  I hear there is a gathering at the Lasseignes.  YUM.  I hope you all have fun.  I know you will. 

Sister Schwanke and I have two feasts lined up for us on Thanksgiving day.  And a long nap planned in the evening.  Thursday will be our PDAY...but we needed to email today because libraries will be closed on Thanksgiving.


We are meeting a ton of people.  I want to tell you about a couple.

Sister Smith and I tracted in to the lady a couple of weeks ago.  Home is Virginia.  Christian.  Young...23ish.  Living with her boyfriend. Anyways, she said we could come back..which we hear all the time without much of a follow through on their end.  That did not stop us.  We went over there last Tuesday evening and sweet, little Tracey invited us right in.  We met her boyfriend, and their twin, infant boys.  Talking with them was a very sweet experience as we discussed the nature of God, our Heavenly Father.  Although I talk about this subject a lot with people, I have yet to become disinterested in the matter.  I am constantly learning more about Him from other people, from Tracey and DJ.  The experience was also tender as I watched them feeding and cuddling their little boys.  At the end of the lesson, we invited the man to pray, and for him and her to begin praying together everyday.  They responded with a sincere, "yes" because they feel it will "bring them closer as a family".  I know it will.  The power of prayer is so real.


Less than an hour after leaving their home, Tracey texted us.  Turns out the man received a call about his portion from his grandmother's estate.  He had just prayed to his Heavenly Father to help him know that everything would be okay (they had previously alluded to some financial struggles).  From this experience I was reminded of a line in the Bible Dictionary under the term "Prayer:

                    "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them."