Saturday, December 24, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Ohio. (: (12/20/11)

Dearest, darlingest family,

I said it once, and I will say it again, MERRY CHRISTMAS. (:  I can not believe that Christmas is really here!  For one, I still feel like it is....March?...maybe May?  For two, until Saturday the ground was missing that white stuff that tells us it is winter (which is weird because snow should not affect my view of winter....oh well, things change). 

I love this time of year.  I probably always have.  (You know better than I do.)  I love Christmas music and movies.  I love candy canes.   I love stockings, Santa, and sleighs.  I love Christmas lights and decorations.  I love trees and ornaments.  I love gift getting and giving.  I love spending time with family.  I love eating breakfast casserole and Banana Split Cake.  With all of that aside, take it all away, I still love Christmas because I love my Savior.  That's what this season is all about.  I hope we all take a chunk of time to really think about Him this week.  His birth, His life, and His death.  "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.  And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities" (Alma 7:11-12 The Book of Mormon). 

He came in to the world for us.  He wanted us to never be or feel alone in our trials.  He was sacrificed for our sins and sorrows.  So what?  So what does that mean to each of us?  That's the sometimes tricky part.  How does this all apply to me?  We, like Christs apostles, must take the charge given by Christ to define who He is to us.  The world has differing opinions, beliefs, facts, theories, "But whom say ye who [he is]?" (Matthew 16:15 Bible). 

We all have to study, think about it, pray, define for ourselves.

I love being a "guide" in helping others define who Jesus Christ is in their lives...in their various situations...with their individual struggles and triumphs.

Point:  Let's remember the meaning behind Christmas.












I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY VERY VERY much.

Merry Christmas (again).

XOXO

Sister Spring



PS...no pictures.  Please forgive me. (:

(Mom Spring added these pictures.)
Daddy Spring talking to Sis Spring on Skype Christmas Day 2010
We get to talk to her this Christmas too!!



All of us gathered around the computer to talk to Sis. Spring last Christmas 2010
....pups too, but Josie left.


Christmas 2009 at Grandma Aimo's- last Christmas home before mission
...Grandma, Marie, Sis. Spring and Mom Spring