Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I took a dip in to the water, and I came out feeling taller...NOR

(Note from Mom:  Sister Spring forgot to attach her pictues :( so use your imagination! ) 


'
So I thank you Jesus Christ cause I know you made me smarter.

Wise words from the rap of Jeremy Hunsucker about his conversion story.

It is incredible to see lives change.  I was not around for the Hunnie's (They prefer Sister Hunnie and Brother H.....) change but I am seeing and hearing the after math.  (I sent a picture of me with him and his wife a few weeks ago).  Sister Hunnie was baptized five-ish years ago.  Her husband was baptized last year.  They have faced a lot of struggles but have overcome them through the knowledge of their Savior and His restored gospel. One miracle of a blessing is currently in process with her sweet father, Brother (Abel) Delgado.  She has been praying and praying and praying for her father for years.  Brother Delgado has openly stated his previous distaste for the LDS church.  He held a grudge for taking away his daughter.  As she accepted the gospel, a change was required which, as I have gathered, took her from her family environment.  He has now seen the joy it has brought to the Hunnie's, the strength in their relationship, and he craves it.  When Sister Hansen and I first walked in to the Hunnie's apartment last Thursday, our hearts were immediately filled with love for him.  It was a humbling experience to see this mans humility.  After talking with him about the restoration of Christ's church and authority through a prophet, we invited him to follow our Saviors example by being baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority of God.  His response, vocally and with body language, was so tender.  His face was GLOWING.  In his sweet, sweet voice he responded, "Well, when I know it's true...Yes, I would want to do that."
      He came to church yesterday....again, he was glowing.  It was testimony meeting.  The most spirit-filled meeting I have been to in a really long time...all three hours of church were so perfect.  Church is always great...but this week...it was literally perfect.  A 15-year-old boy shared a simple testimony.  He went to EFY (a week long "retreat" for the youth) and went with a question:  How can I let my Mom and Dad know that I won't deny Christ?  Apparently, he feels as though his parents fear he will take a different path.  After sharing that with us, he said..."Here's my answer.  Mom:  I know the Church is true.  Christ is my Redeemer.  I will never leave Him."  Man, it was powerful.  This 15-year-old kid claiming to a congregation his love for His Savior.  If only you knew him, it would be even more powerful.  Sister Jones shared her testimony of prophets and how grateful she is for the guidance of a living prophet.  All of the testimonies shared were so inspiring.  In Sunday School, we talked about sacrifice.  I really needed to remember why we sacrifice as I have been rather selfish in my thoughts lately...and always.  I am here because I want to serve my Heavenly Father.  I want to share the message of hope that has changed my life.  I want to serve with my whole heart.  I have been slacking.  Thank goodness for repentance. (:  The third hour we talked about personal revelation.  It was all so goooood.
      Sunday evening Brother Delgado and the Hunnie's came to the sites to watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration.  First, we talked about his experience at church and reading the Book of Mormon.  He said he feels peace and calmness when he reads.  While he was church, he felt "fulfilled."  He knows that is his answer from God that the Book of Mormon comes from Him.  After the film, he humbly asked about baptism and why he needs to baptized.  We explained the priesthood authority again, talked about Christ's baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.  He expressed his sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ.  We asked him to set a vision to be baptized on September 3 to show Heavenly Father his dedication.  He, without hesitation and with his simple smile on his face, accepted that invitation.  I wish you could have all seen his daughter's reaction.  Tears of joy immediately poured from her eyes.  It was very evident that she had been praying for her father to accept this goodness from God for a long, long time.  Of course, me being the ballbaby that I am, I had some tears, too.  Sister Hansen, as well.  Brother H teared up a bit. 
      The feeling in that plain, little theater room in Kirtland, OH was indescribeable.  It was a feeling of comfort that I know came from God confirming to Brother Delgado that he is doing the right thing. 
       Sister Hansen and I have been working really hard.  Our time was very scarce in our area this week because we were always at sites, but we were committed to work our very hardest.  We wanted to utilize the two days we had in our area...and we saw miracles.
        Speaking of Sister Hansen....she truly is incredible.  I know I tell you all the time.  But I am so thankful to be with her.  She teaches me so much.  She keeps me sane and smiling.  I can't wait for all of you to meet her and Sister McAlister and all of my Sisters...someday.  You will love them.  And they already love you!!!  (:
        OH...THANK YOU for the postcards.  You all are too sweet to me.  I hope everyone had fun at the reunion.  It looks like it...from the pictures I have seen.  Anyways, I love you all so so so so so much.

        XOXOXOXO,

               Sister Spring