Thursday, January 19, 2012

"I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord"

FAMFAM,

Generally weather talk is small talk, the filler for an awkward silence.  This is not the case.  You know me, I always have a lot to say!

But I must mention (as always) the weather.

Here I am in OHIO on January 9 with NO snow on the ground.  Seriously.  It has been relatively warm even.  Beautiful blue skies.  Sunshine.  For the past, hmmm, two weeks?  I LOVE IT.  (:

Now, to the "good stuff". 

Where to start, where to start?  That is always the question.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed with everything I want to share that I tend to ramble about things that are on my mind which results in senseless emails. (for example, review last weeks e-mail).

  Well...let's see.

Brother Slattery is on track for baptism, now for the 21st of January.  I love that family so much.  His wife, Sister Cuellar, is one of the most honest, hardworking, hilarious people I know.  Mom, I think you would LOVE her.  obviously, all of you would...but especially you Mama.  Y'all would get along great...except I don't know who would talk more?...Anyways, her Grandma lives with them.  She is my surrogate Grandma for the time being. (Don't worry, Ganga...she is not a replacement....)  Grandma is not a member of the Church.  Back in November when Sister Smith was my companion, we invited Grandma to take the lessons.  She said "no", but still sits in on every lesson.  She loves them, too.  Thursday after the lesson while Brother Slattery was talking to a member we had over there with us, Grandma leaned over to us and quietly expressed her gratitude for the experience to learn.  She said that it is opening her eyes to some things of the Church and her relationship with God.  Although her granddaughter has been a member for atleast twelve years, she is finally understanding what it is that we believe. 

It's amazing what happens when people will take a little time to learn about something, even if they think they already know.  I look forward to applying this lesson into every aspect of my life.  Turns out, I don't know everything....

Which is okay.

There is a verse in the Book of Mormon that helps me feel comfortable in my lack of knowing everything.  A prophet, Nephi, confesses he does not know everything, but at least he knows one of the greatest truths, that God loves us!

That's something that I know, too. 

He loves you, and me.  And Brother Slattery. And Grandma Cuellar.  And EVERYONE.

And I love YOU.

XOXOXO

Sister Spring



PS. PDAY is Tuesday next week so I will email then.

BYE