Monday, May 2, 2011

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII


Silly string war!
 How goes it?

Life is good here. SO GOOD. I am doing my best to enjoy my time here in Kirtland because I am about 90% sure that I will be transferred next Wednesday. I don't want to leave! BUT...I also know that change is good. Whatever happens will be wonderful.

My e-mails tend to be a weekend summary because usually that is what is on my mind. Turns out, my memory still has not improved. See...it was not because I was not listening. (:

The Community of Christ, the church that owns the Kirtland Temple now, is creating a community garden for the purpose of providing food for the needy. I believe they said they would have 48 gardens beds total. Of those, 20 will be rented out to the community for those who live in apartments with no place for their own garden. Pretty neat, I'd say! They have been planning, preparing, and praying for this dream project to become reality. It is now! Saturday morning, about 45 missionaries combined with members from the community to start the process. We spent the next three hours clearing the field, filling wheel barrows with dirt/soil, building a shed, and assembling the beds. The weather was nice. The company is wonderful. Afterwards, I was a starvin' Marvin...I ate 2 sandwiches, a bagel, 2 bags of chips, and 4 (little) cookies in the span of approximately 10 minutes....oops.




Last night we went to a Relief Society event with a woman that we are teaching. If I remember correctly, I told you a little bit about her last week. She's ammmazing. Well, the theme of the night was "Reach in, Reach out, Reach up." She loved it..despite her hot flash that lasted the entire 90 minutes. I loved it, too. One speaker shared a story that was part of a General Conference address. A mom took her young piano student son to see a really accomplished pianist perform. Well, while waiting for the performance to begin, the mom got to chatting with her friends, like mom's do. The son took this as an opportunity to do what little boy's do best...wander. When the over lights went down and the spotlight on, the audience was surprised to see a young child sitting on the piano bench. He began to plink out "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." The master pianist came up behind the boy, reached his arms around the boy to place his own hands on the keys, and whispered, "Don't quit...keep playing." Taking orders, the boy continued while the pianist began to elaborate on the nursery song. Together, the master pianist and the novice played a beautiful duet.

How often do I feel like the little boy in the story? Too often, probably. Barely making it through "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." But with the words of the Master in my mind, "Don't quit, Sister Spring...keep going...", enough strength comes to make it through the day. One day at a time. ;)

Hey, happy almost mother's day Grandma and Mama!! Talk to you SUNDAY!!! WOO. Hey, guess what...we can skype again (: I hope everyone is doing well. LOVE YOU

XOXOXO

Love,

Sister Spring
P.S.....I dyed my hair....