Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter!!

I had a wonderful Easter.....I hope you all did as well. From Mom and Dad's e-mails it sounds like the four of you at home had a good day celebrating Easter and their wedding anniversary! Double Whammy.
Uncle Joe and Aunt Gwen...THANK YOU for the Easter card and goodies.

You are tooooo kind to me. You, too, Mom and Dad...T-H-A-N-K YOU!

Yesterday was fun. At 7:30 in the morning, we went to the Community of Christ "Sunrise Service" at the Kirtland Temple.

Straight from there we drove down to our church. The meetings were nice. I always love celebrating the Resurrection of Christ. One woman we have been teaching for 6 or so weeks finally came to church yesterday! It was so good to see her there...Unfortunately, her social anxieties inhibited her from having a good experience. She is such a sweet woman. Mom, I think you would really like her. Well, all of you would...obviously. But mom's personality would be perfect for her. Hopefully I have picked up on a few of you character traits that will help her.

After church we were at the Visitors' Center for a couple of hours. We had a good sized tour come in: A family of six from PA. A son came with his parents from CA. And couple of "older" sisters came in with their hunny's from ID (Idaho). I love my life. We met with the Jones family yesterday (of course). Brother Jones gave us a fair warning at church informing us that the kids received some silly string in their Easter Baskets and they had planned to attack upon our arrival that evening. Well, we happened to have a can of silly string in our basement.....??? Good thing. As we were walking up the path to the front door, the kids bolted out firing their harmless ammo. They were soooo surprised when Sister Manwaring retaliated. It was a fun five minute war. We stopped by a few people and were able to talk with Nancy for a little bit. Then we headed back to the sites for a dinner with all of the sites Sisters and Senior Couples. I am so spoiled.

Every Tuesday, we meet with our "district." In our district there are four sets of missionaries, including us. We counsel together about our missionary work and ways we can improve. Well, last Tuesday Sister Andersen and Sister Houston (serving in Hiram) shared such a sweet story. They are teaching a woman and her young daughter...she is 10 or 11ish...I forget. I do not remember too much of the setting nor what led up to this point of the conversation but they were talking about God and our relationship with Him as His children.

Mom-"Would you want me to believe in you?"

Daughter-"Well.....Yea." *said in a sarcastic "isn't that obvious" tone* Mom-"Why?"

Daughter-"Because I am your daughter..."

It is similar with our Heavenly Father. Why do we believe in Him? Why do we believe in His power and His love and His mercy and His way? Because He is our Father.

I believe in all of you, too. ;) Y'all are great. Thanks for all you do for me and for everyone around you.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Sister Spring PS...Sister Manwaring left her connecting device at the home....sowwwy...no pictures.