Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Better late than never...right?

(From 9/29)


Sorry for the delay.  Everyone has probably been so concerned....sike.  Yes, I am alive.  And well! (:

Monday we had an activity with about half of the missionaries in our mission that lasted from 9-3 in a location about 45 minutes away from my current home of Kirtland.  This left us with no time to e-mail.  So...we were instructed to use time on a lunch break.  There is my disclaimer so you all know I am not being disobedient by e-mailing on a random Thursday! (:

Quick update.

My life is so good!  (:

I forgot to tell you.... Our first Thursday back together, Sister McAlister and I along with our Zone Leaders, Elder Rangel and Elder Bills, were asked to spend two hours at Ursuline College (a Catholic school) teaching a religion class about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Although I have developed a love for communicating with people and my nerve level has decreased tremendously, let's be honest, I have not changed THAT much.  Public speaking is still semi-terrifying to me.

I was nervous.

Of course, it turned out to be wonderful.  The professor gave us eight topics he wanted us to address and asked that we leave some time for a Q&A segment.  These young people were very inquisitive and respectful.  After the class was over we talked with a few of the students.  They expressed there gratitude to us for sharing our faith and clearing up misconceptions.  Some even shared some of their faith with us and how they find strength through their beliefs.  I would be lying if I did not say it was really satisfying. 

There is so much we can learn from other people.  I think that is why I love people so much.

We are still doing our best to get to know our new area.  There is a lot of potential here!  Over the last two weeks we have met many new people and have lessons set up to teach!

Point: As already mentioned....Life is good!

I love you!!!!! (: 

Sister Spring