Thursday, September 15, 2011

i love my life

Hiiiii Family!!!! (:

    It is a beautiful day here in Kirtland.  Sun shining.  Slightly breezy.  Perfect temperature.  Life is good.  Hope all is well for you all, too!!

        Well, I will start with the big news.  Transfers.

         I am leaving the Kirtland Ward.  ):  The Euclid Ward that I will be transferred to still meets in the same building..but it will be strange to be in a new ward after nearly a year in Kirtland.  AND...guess who my companion will be...SISTER MCALISTER!!!!! Can you believe it?  We will be living in the same house, same bedroom that I started in last November with her as my trainer.  Now, ten months later, she and I will be reunited as the Training Sisters at the Visitors' Center.  Although I am ecstatic to be with Sister McAlister again...I will miss Sister Hansen.  You win some, you lose some...right?  The past three months with Sister Hansen have been so special.  She has taught me a lot about who I want to become by how she lives.  The happiness she feels radiates from her.  It is contagious.  

Change is good.  And I have had the best mission ever thus far.

   Sister Hansen and I have still been recovering this week so we had to "take it easy"..as instructed by our mission president's wife, Sister Sorensen.  It is so hard because all we want to do is just work!  There is no replacement for the joy we feel as we serve our Heavenly Father as His missionaries.  

     A couple of times this week I went out with Sister Downard, a newish missionary, so our sick companions could stay in.  This seeminly shy girl from Idaho is a powerhouse.  Serving at the Visitors' Center has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to learn from so many Sisters and senior couples.  Heavenly Father knew the environment I needed.  And this is it.

    Tours have slowed down DRSTICALLY the past month and a half or so.  Every one is back to school...and sports..and extra-curriculars.  It is weird.  Fall is coming.

     Anyways, life is good.  Now we get to spend the remainder of our Preparation Day packing and cleaning.  Yay! (:

                LOVE YOU,

                          Sister Spring

A photo of your beautiful daughters at their finest. (:
Soup and Ginger Ale in a Fanta bottle...perfect meal for the sicklings.