Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! We had a breakfast and flag ceremony this morning with all of the Sisters and Seniors. So fun. Of course I thought of Stephen, Grand-pa, Granddad Spring, Uncle Joe, Adam, Parker, Ryan Nugen, etc etc...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this holiday so much.

Today has been really good.  This week has been really good.

Sister Hansen and I spent A LOT of time at the Visitors' Center this past week so, obviously, the time in our area was limited.  We were able to see a couple of people though.  Yesterday we met an older couple, The Thomas', while in this beautiful neighborhood in Mentor, OH.  I don't really know why I am telling you about them, but they just came to mind.  It was really interesting talking with them, though.  They have a lot of life behind them.  They were not very interested in learning more.  After some conversation, they warmed up to us.  We are going to go by agan sometime soon to help them around the house.  I am looking forward to that.  Mr. Thomas said to us (in the very beginning of the chat), "You don't need to talk to us.  You need to talk with my son.  He would be interested in this."  So we asked, "Oh...Does he live around here?"...."No...he lives in Austin, Texas."  I told Mr. Thomas I would visit his son upon my arrival back to the ATX next Austin.  My word was given.  My word will be kept.

Walking home from sites on a beautiful Ohio evening!!


I have just a few minutes to email because Sister Hansen and I have some things to take care of before Preparation Day ends in one hour.  My life is really good.  I am very happy.  There are plenty of visitors coming through to see the sites.  One day we had NINE bus tours...1009 guests.  Yes, my life is amazing.  We have given quite a few tours to people who are not members of the Church this last week.  I always like those.  One group was a family who had come down for the day to visit a national park.  They past the sites and decided to come in.  Upon arrival they claimed they wanted to have a strictly historical tour...Well, Sister Hansen and I did our best to honor said request but it is hard to give strictly a historical tour of a place that means so much to you.  We shared the facts.  And backed them up with testimony.  It was a really neat experience.  As we were walking back to the Visitors' Center, the grand-ma of the bunch said (at least four times), "We really enjoyed this.  You really got us thinking...."

Another tour, one of the little boys got sick and threw up in the most sacred room of the tour.  His older siblings exclaimed, "Now we will really never forget Kirtland!!!"

Just a little taste at my life.
All of the Sisters



I love you all!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Sister Spring


Shout out to Sister McAlister:  I love you!!! You have a letter on the way. ;)