Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SUMMER!

Mi Familia!!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!  Mine was good!  Sister Carver and I were at the Visitors' Center in the morning.  We had three appointments set up with some members from our ward in the evening that we have been trying to see for a couple of weeks....all of them cancelled.  Such is life.  We did get to visit a woman in rehab that was baptized a year or so ago. She (and her family) lives two hours away...needless to say, she was happy to see us.  In the evening, we had a big dinner at sites with all of the sites Sisters and the senior couples.  I love my life.


Cook out at the sites



Me and my sisters!
One night I was talking with the sisters I live with in our living room.  The conversation, as always, was revolving around our individual mission experiences.  Someone posed the question, "What is your favorite part of the mission?"  Honestly, I do not remember my exact answer...something about meeting people, loving them, and seeing lives change.  Sister Everson's answer has had me thinking all week.  Her favorite part is that Heavenly Father gives us the opportunity to feel a portion of how He feels for people.  It is so true.  And so amazing.  Take the lady we visited in rehab, for example.  The moment I saw that woman walking out of the elevator, keep in mind I had never seen this woman before, I felt so happy for her.  I was overwhelmed with joy seeing the courage she has to change.  I instantly loved her.  I mean it.  Obviously, I do not know what it is like to be a parent but I imagine it is similar.  Sometimes I feel like I am losing my brain trying to keep up with the to-do lists for the people we are teaching.  Don't forget to call one at 7:15 so she can be at church on time.  Does this one have a ride?  Is Brother X home from chemo treatment yet...can we call him now?  Brother Y needs to reschedule...again.  Brother Z is reaching out to us...he needs help spiritually...what are we going to do for him?  My heart literally aches for these people when they hurt.  I just love them so much.  That's why I think it is comparable to being a parent.  Correct me if I am wrong. (: 

Generations.  Sister Everson who trained Sister McAlister.  Sister McAlister who trained me.  And me..who trained nobody. (:  Sister Everson goes home in three weeks....noooooooooo.
Another example of this instant love I feel for people because Heavenly Father is allowing it.  Well, I was calling a man from sites.  His sister had come to visit Kirtland and asked that we call her brother, a member of the church, and his wife, not a member of the church.  So I did.  He answered.  We had our introductions, I explained my purpose, he was kind.  I asked if I had called at a bad time...."Uh...yeah, kind of actually.  We just had our first baby!"  Okay...My heart melted.  I was giddy with excitement for this new family.  The embarrassing part?  As hard as I tried, I could not contain it....congratulating at least eight times.  I love him and his family.  I want them to be happy!

Lucy!  Remember her dad Jason was baptized in March! So cute.

It has been an interesting week.  Hard but good.  The young woman's baptism has been postponed.  The mother suggested that she waits until some family issues are resolved.  She is struggling with that (obviously).  This girl is on fire though.  She loves Heavenly Father and has a sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ.  Amazing.

    Well....We are at a different library this week with a time limit...Yes, my time is short.  But I love you.  And so does Heavenly Father.  That is what I hope you remember above anything else.  Got it?

            Sister Spring

Sister Carver and I at Pioneer School