Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm all out of clever headlines.

Hellllllo there my darling familia. (:
Here's a continuation of last week. 

     Hopefully this will make sense.  I say that a lot, but I often feel like I do not make any bit of sense as I type these little e-mails to y'all.  Oh well, such is life.

     So....Javiana, on of the little girls.  Her mom had told us to come by on Thursday evening at 6:00.  So we did.  Javiana and her older brother, Jazzman (Jazz Man?...no, that is not a nickname), came to the door to inform us that their mother was not available to meet right then.  She did, however, tell them that if they could find a friends parents who would let them be taught at their apartment while she was in the bath, she would be fine with that.

I was hesitant.

        We had other people we could see.  And plus, what was the liklihood that someone would let us meet at their apartment?  Javiana started the water works...how was I to say no? 

First try...no luck...heading to the grocery store.

Second try...let us right in.

A precious, little 11-year-old answered the door (later to be called, Jamisha).  Javiana and Jazzman were jumping around like crazy heads (making us much sense as I am in this e-mail).  Jamisha just looked at us confused...

All I could say? .... "Is your mom here?"

So...then comes Jameeka, her mom.  She is amazing.  We explained the situation and she said that we could definitely come in and teach there. 

Which was perfect because she sat in on the lesson with Jamisha.


 Oh I am SO glad that I let go of my pride and let Javiana and JazzMan drag us around the halls of their apartment complex.  Jameeka and Jamisha are incredible!!!!  Near the end of our lesson, Jameeka shared something amazing.  A few days prior to meeting us, she found The Book of Mormon on a bench in their lobby (thank you, Joseph....see last weeks email for a refresher).  She thumbed through the pages and was deeply interested.  She really wanted it but concluded that it probably belonged to someone else.  Well, she got that Book of Mormon she wanted.


Yes, Heavenly Father truly prepares His children to receive His word.  I have seen that time and time again this week.  There are many people who have been praying for guidance or thinking of how they need to strengthen that relationship with God and we "just so happen" to be in the same place and the same time.

No coincidence.


And so you have it, "the rest of the story".

(Well, to be continued still...)


I love you SO much!!  Thank you for all you do for me.  I know I am exactly where I need to be.  And that this is God's work! 

Love,

Sister Spring